Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dilemma

Recently, I was asked to do a custom order to be finished by late July. I readily agreed, thinking I had 2 weeks to work on the order before going on vacation for 2 weeks. How could I so miscalculate? I got home, checked the calendar, and realized I had 1 week, which is plenty of time to make the order, but the problem is, I don't have the charms she wants! I ordered some right away, but it was too late to get out on Saturday and, being a federal holiday weekend, there wasn't mail on Monday.

My dilemma: do I hope and pray the charms come in the mail by Friday, or bite the bullet and buy the charms twice, which means driving an hour to the nearest major craft store that sells charms? I think I'm going to have to buy them twice and either hope I can use the unused set on another project or return the craft store charms if the others come in time.

Take a lesson from me: check your calendar before making promises! All told, though, I'm super happy to do the order and excited she liked my work enough to want a custom order, and I guess any excuse to go to the "big city" isn't so bad. :) It just means I can hit a book store, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's too bad. I would buy the extra. You can always use the others on another project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, gonna make the trek to the big city tomorrow! I can always find more things to buy, anyway, and boost the economy a little ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...