Monday, June 4, 2012

BLT - My Way

Who doesn't love a BLT? (Disclaimer: there will be a picture of bacon in this post, so if you don't like bacon, you may leave now and return on Wednesday for my next new post with no hard feelings.) Okay, now that everyone who doesn't has left the room, I gotta say, I don't eat bacon all that often, but I absolutely love the way it makes my house smell when cooking it.


As the bacon was cooking, I suddenly realized we only had rye sandwich bread, which I don't particularly care for. Looking in the cupboard, I found Plan B: hoagie rolls! (Sorry, I don't consider hoagie rolls to be "real sandwich bread," i.e. the kind I'd put PB&J on to take in my lunch.)

It turns out that three strips of bacon fits perfectly on a hoagie roll. Toast the bread a bit first, light spread of butter on top, and my own special take (since I don't like mayo on sandwiches, I know, I know, we can discuss my food neuroses another time): a thin spread of Ranch Dressing on the top piece of bread!

And here it is is in all it's bacon, lettuce, tomato glory! Go ahead, say YUM!


3 comments:

  1. Great blog. I love BLTs, I actually bought a bag of Lays BLT flavored chips today...not the same. Found you on Etsy Blog Team. I just started my blog and would love you to stop by and visit!

    http://www.creationsforsam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm, I love bacon, and the crispier and greasier, the better.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...