Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Super Easy Hair Clip Organizer

Is a two item project simple enough? ;)

As you've read, I've been really interested in hair clips recently. I don't wear them to work, but I do wear them every weekend and any other time off I have (have I mentioned I'm also growing my hair out?). Well, I ended up with hair clips on my nightstand, on the kitchen table, end table, coffee table, and bathroom counter. Really? How did that happen?

Anyway, I needed a quick and easy way to store them in one place, but not in a box, because then I'd forget about them. It had to be somewhere obvious, but couldn't take up a lot of space, because let's face it: space is sort of at a premium at my house.

After some thought, I came up with an easy solution. All I needed was some grosgrain ribbon (found in a drawer leftover from another project) and a suction cup (found at Ace Hardware for about $0.53). I decided on the larger suction cup, which was 3cm in diameter (a little over 1").

I cut about 2' of ribbon, tied it with a nice little bow to the suction cup, and put it on my bathroom mirror. If you're worried about humidity, a dresser bureau mirror would work, too, but since I don't do my hair in the bedroom, I opted for the bathroom.




How was that? What do you use to keep your hair accessories organized?

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute and so simple! I love it, I may have to make myself one because I'm constantly ruining pretty clips by shoving them in drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice :) I should have something similar myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Looks great too. I don't wear hair accessories other than the rubber band things and I have those on the doorknob to my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...