Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Doughmaker Loaf Pans


Okay, this might be kind of silly, but I just have to share the awesome new bread pans I got. My old bread pans were the non-stick kind with a coat of that teflon stuff that flakes off. You know the kind I mean, right? Well, it seemed unsafe to have to pick that stuff out of my food, so I asked for new pans for Christmas, specifically the kind that didn't have a coating. A family member got me some Doughmaker loaf pans. I'm going to gush for a minute, so I just want you to know I'm not affiliated with Doughmaker at all!

These pans are so great! First of all, they're non-stick, but you DON'T need to use any kind of Pam spray or wax paper liner in them. I loosened the sides a little bit with a rubber spatula and my pumpkin bread just popped out. Plus, if you do use a knife and create scratches, it doesn't matter. It's still non-stick. Something to do with how the interior looks like a bunch of flat pebbles. 


Here's my bread, which came out perfectly. The recipe is from my Joy of Cooking cookbook, which is starting to look a little the worse for wear, but that's another story. Anyway, the bread recipe is also great and has come out perfectly every time I've made it. You can see in the picture that half the loaf was gone before I even had time to get my camera!

Has anyone else used these pans? If so, do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Doughmaker brand pans, but from the picture it looks intriguing. We do our own bread from scratch, and it'd be nice to not have to spray the pans every time.... I'll certainly be looking into it.
    Your pumpkin bread looks great, btw. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of them before, either! I'm not sure I would have bought them if I just saw them in a store, but after having tried them, I'm a fan! They come in lots of sizes, like 9x13, also, but I only have the loaf ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...