Saturday, December 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Now that it's over, I finally have time to write about it! The month of November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which challenges people to write 50,000 words in one consecutive piece, starting completely from scratch on November 1st. Their website, which allows you to track your progress and get in touch though the forums with other local writers, is a wonderful resource.
This was the first year I've participated, and I'm proud to say I had 53,000 odd words by November 30th! This entitles me to the cool winner stamp you see above and allows me to purchase a cool winners t-shirt, and also print a certificate which I can do with as I please. NaNoWriMo is completely non-profit, so any money spent on their site goes to maintaining the site and continuing the writing programs they offer to schools.

If you're a writer or want to be a writer, I encourage you to check them out and maybe next year take the challenge. They say it's not about the winning, it's about feeling the accomplishment of just trying, but frankly, I like the winning. ;)

3 comments:

  1. so, when do we get to read the novella you wrote? :)
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I figure out how to get it published! (and revise it, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is really, really cool. Good for you. That is a LOT of words! Congrats!

    Empty On the Inside
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...